Saturday, February 16, 2008

Liverpool 1-2 Barnsley (FA Cup)

I wasn't able to follow this game, due to being at a conference in Warwick (which I'll blog about later). Thankfully someone was able to tell me the result before I left - although I did see a number of Liverpool fans in Coventry train station (I resisted asking about the match).

At the time, I hoped we'd played a younger side, giving chances to some of our reserves, but in fact it was more or less a full strength side, barring Reina and Gerrard on the bench, given injuries to Torres and Agger. This makes the result particularly disappointing, but it's undoubtedly true that we dominated the game, only to be frustrated by some inspired goal-keeping.

Oh well. Truth be told, when we won the 2006 FA Cup, I felt we deserved it having knocked out Man Utd and Chelsea to reach the final. This year, we've struggled to get past Luton (reply needed) and Havant and Waterlooville, so I guess it was about time we were knocked out. I only hope we can pick ourselves up in time for Inter Milan...

1 comment:

  1. You lot, basically, are rubbish.

    > End of analysis.

    ReplyDelete