Friday, October 19, 2007

Department Desk

About half an hour ago I received an email from the Department saying they wanted to repossess my desk. I think they like sending these things around last thing on a Friday, so nothing can be done over the weekend. Anyway, it appears I was supposed to reapply by 5th October, a fact they claimed had been advertised by email - so the reason I didn't may be to do with not getting any emails.

I admit I don't actually work at my desk that often, since I don't have a computer there and I'm teaching at least three days a week in college anyway, but I do need the space it offers. My room is about 10 sq. m, mostly taken up by my bed and desk, and has no bookshelves, so I've been relying on keeping work-related stuff in my filing cabinet, even if it isn't so convenient.

In a further example of departmental administration, I today received the names of the two 'children' I'm supposed to mentor. Probably a bit late to help them settle in now or even meet them, having missed the welcome party. They said they'd try to match people up by subjects and both work vaguely on democracy I think but neither are theorists.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:29 pm

    Gosh, that's completely incompetent.

    Er, Anonymous...

    ReplyDelete