Thursday, May 03, 2007

Youth of Today

Last night down the bar, my friend Rhiannon paid for the last two songs on the jukebox, and let me choose one. Hers - Scissor Sisters' 'I Don't Feel Like Dancing' - was greeted by Rachel with a delighted "oooh this is a classic", despite being around a year old. When mine - Led Zep's 'Rock & Roll' - came on, Rachel looked blankly before saying "I don't know this one". Maybe this is just about musical taste, but I always thought that was one of the first signs of getting old, and it worries me that many of our first year graduates are actually closer in age to fresher undergrads than to me (21, 18 and 25, respectively).

1 comment:

  1. The next sign of age is when you find yourself in the corner of the pub, whispering to your supervisor, 'is this what the trendy kids call emo?'

    ReplyDelete