Saturday, April 28, 2007

Portsmouth 2-1 Liverpool

A setback in our pursuit of 3rd, but while it was disappointing our reserves couldn't grab at least a draw it's clear that almost the entire first-team were rested:
Line up: Dudek, Arbeloa, Hyypia, Paletta, Insua, Sissoko (El Zhar 83), Alonso, Zenden, Gonzalez (Pennant 67), Fowler, Bellamy. Subs Not Used: Padelli, Kuyt, Hobbs.

Personally, I was disappointed to see Dudek - I think he's clearly leaving, so maybe Padelli should have been given a chance. Indeed, I'd have used more of the youngsters - not only Insua, but Anderson, Lindfield and Hobbs. I wasn't surprised to see the likes of Alonso, Sissoko and Gonzalez given match time, to try to find their form, but I wouldn't expect them to start against Chelsea - though Bellamy and even Hyypia could.

No comments:

Post a Comment