Sunday, April 30, 2006

Rooney

A lot of speculation has been taking place over Rooney's recent injury. Personally, I don't think ordinary members of the public are best-placed to give medical opinions, though of course they can say who they think should play instead - if Rooney and perhaps Owen are out.

For the record, I'm not convinced by our other options (Vassell, Defoe, etc). I think I'd prefer to rely on midfielders, playing a 4-2-3-1 with Joe Cole, Lampard and Gerrard the attacking players behind Crouch. (Beckham can play in the two, with a genuine holding midfielder, if we have one). I don't suppose for a minute Sven will contemplate something so radical, with him suggesting - with all his usual (in)flexibility - that he'd take Rooney even if not fit. (UPDATE: Apparently he's now thinking of a plan B. Showing he never had one before...)

No comments:

Post a Comment