Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Control Arms

I mentioned, when I went to the Bell X1 gig last month, that I'd signed up to an Oxfam/Amnesty International Control Arms campaign. I just received the following email I thought I'd pass on:

Amnesty, IANSA and Oxfam have just launched a global campaign aiming to stop gun running and control the armstrade - and they need your support now, here.

I've already signed up and you can see my Face in the Million Faces petition here.

Armed violence wrecks lives by fuelling conflict, poverty, and human rights abuses. The campaign is calling for an international Arms Trade Treaty which will make it harder for arms to get into the wrong hands.Your support will help us to show that people - like you - around the world are outraged by arms trade abuses, and demand tougher arms controls. Act now.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:35 pm

    Ben, please check out my latest blog on Arrow's R Notation: http://willblogforfood.typepad.com/will_blog_for_food/2006/04/arrows_r_notati.html

    I'd be interested in your comments.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete