Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Liverpool 1-1 Birmingham

I was rather disappointed to get home and find this result. I'd been in the pub - where the Arsenal match was being shown - but after seeing Alonso's name flash up late on, I hoped he'd put the game safe. As it happened, when I got home I discovered he'd conceded a late own goal. Particularly frustrating to draw at home to a team like Birmingham, especially after they played an hour with ten men... On the positive side, Birmingham are a bit of a bogey team for us. Last season they beat us twice, this season two draws marks a significant improvement - and with Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs all losing (and Chelsea also only drawing) it's a point gained on our main rivals, even if three would've been better. Too bad Robbie's overhead kick was ruled off-side, as it would have been a great comeback goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment