Tuesday, February 14, 2006

If Music be the Food of Love...

I read the other day something about how music can trigger the same reactions in your brain as love. Probably much like how chocolate makes you feel good I guess. Maybe it explains why I don’t have a girlfriend and I listen to a lot of music…

Anyway, having been bored to tears by adverts for ‘Greatest Lovesongs Ever’ and so forth on TV lately (one including Take That’s ‘Back For Good’ – surely a song for an ex rather than current beau?) I thought I’d compile my own list:

‘Nice’ love songs
Apoptygma Berzerk – Love Never Dies (part 1)
Fleetwood Mac – You Make Loving Fun
Foo Fighters – Everlong
Nirvana – About A Girl
The Cure – Friday I’m In Love
Metallica – Nothing Else Matters
Led Zeppelin – Whole Lotta Love

Not so nice (e.g. unrequited) ones
Nine Inch Nails – Perfect Drug (and so many others…)
Sunlounger – Dirty Hands, Dirty Face
Weezer – Pink Triangle
The Cure – Love Song
Bauhaus – The Passion Of Lovers
Head Automatica - Please Please Please

Some of those may be open to interpretation, but, well ‘meh’ to anyone who disagrees.

I’ll be taking advantage of my single status to watch Liverpool vs Arsenal in the pub tonight, but if I weren’t no doubt I’d be playing some of these.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:02 pm

    I greatly approve of your choice of the cure, i love the lyrics in all their songs (and the lovecats is the best song to dance around the kitchen to). the love song is me and my boyfriends 'Song' (how lame, i know)
    otherwise, I love al green (lets stay together), nat king cole (L.O.V.E), ben harper (forever).
    I always choose songs by lyrics, that's why it can be hard to decide which genre i like. What would you say you choose songs for?
    ex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love music, in a broad sense, but I'm not very musical myself so it is largely lyrics/vocals.

    ReplyDelete