Thursday, December 15, 2005

Liverpool 3-0 Deportivo Saprissa

Although I'd had a dream that Liverpool lost (2-1 I think) this match should never have been much of a challenge, and it wasn't. Despite Josemi and Traore playing, we maintained our run of clean sheets - 11 a new club record. Josemi actually quite impressed me at times to, but then the opposition we weak...

Crouch scored two more goals - and since he was also credited with the dubious Wigan one, I suppose that's technically a hat-trick today! Cisse linked up well. Perhaps he was trying to show what a team player he was, but I don't remember him taking a shot... Also nice to see Pongolle on (and it didn't surprise me it was for Gerrard). He made a good run as soon as he came on, and after a clever flick from Cisse was unlucky not to score (or win a penalty)

Roll on the final...

No comments:

Post a Comment